FOR PHOTOCOUPLER. PC817 Datasheet
h November 28, 1995
GROUP SHARP CORPORATION
DEVICE SPECIFICATION FOR
Business dealing name
1. These specification sheets include the contents under the copyright of Sharp Corporation
Please keep them with reasonable care as important information. Please don’t reproduce
or cause anyone reproduce them without Sharp’s consent.
2. Please obey the instructions mentioned below for actual use of this device.
SHARP takes no responsibility for damage caused by improper use of the devices.
(I) This device is designed for general electronic equipment.
Main uses of this device are as follows;
[ - Measuring
- OA equipment
l Tooling machine - AV equipment
l Home appliance,
(2) Please take proper steps in order to maintain reliability and safety, in case this device
is used for the uses mentioned below which require high reliability.
- Unit concerning control and safety of a vehicle (air plane, train, automobile etc.)
- Traffic signal * Gas leak detection breaker * Fire box and burglar alarm box
[ * Other safety equipment, etc.
(3) Please do not use for the uses mentioned below which require extremely high reliability.
- Space equipment * Telecommunication
[ * Nuclear control equipment
Contact a SHARP representative of sales office in advance when you intend to use S?%4.RP
devices for any applications other than those applications for general electronic equipment
recommend by SHARP at (1).
Department General Manager of
Opto-Electronic Devices Div.
1 i November 28. 1995 1
This specification applies to the outline and characteristics
Model No. PC8 17series.
Refer to the attached drawing No. CY7073K02.
3. Ratings and characteristics
Refer to the attached sheet, page 3 to 6.
Refer to the attached sheet, page 7.
5. Incoming inspection
Refer to the attached sheet, page 8.
6.1 Isolation voltage shall be measured in the following method.
(11 Short between anode to cathode on the primary side and between collector
to emitter on the secondary side.
(21 The dielectric withstand tester with zero-cross circuit shall be used.
(3) The wave form of applied voltage shall be a sine wave.
(It is recommended that the isolation voltage be measured in insulation oil.)