VOLTAGE REGULATOR. LM317 Datasheet
1.2 V to 37 V adjustable voltage regulators
• Output voltage range: 1.2 to 37 V
• Output current in excess of 1.5 A
• 0.1% line and load regulation
• Floating operation for high voltages
• Complete series of protections: current limiting, thermal shutdown and SOA
The LM217, LM317 are monolithic integrated circuits in TO-220, TO-220FP and
D²PAK packages intended for use as positive adjustable voltage regulators.
They are designed to supply more than 1.5 A of load current with an output voltage
adjustable over a 1.2 to 37 V range.
The nominal output voltage is selected by means of a resistive divider, making the
device exceptionally easy to use and eliminating the stocking of many fixed
Product status link
DS0433 - Rev 21 - July 2019
For further information contact your local STMicroelectronics sales office.
1 Pin configuration
Figure 1. Pin connections (top view)
DS0433 - Rev 21