Diagonal 4.5mm (Type 1/4) CCD Image Sensor for PAL Color Video Cameras
The ICX279AK is an interline CCD solid-state
image sensor suitable for PAL color video cameras
with a diagonal 4.5mm (Type 1/4) system. Compared
with the current product ICX209AK, basic
characteristics such as sensitivity, smear and
dynamic range are improved drastically through the
adoption of EXview HAD CCDTM technology.
This chip features a field period readout system and
an electronic shutter with variable charge-storage time.
The package is a 10mm-square 14-pin DIP (Plastic).
EXview HAD CCDTM has different spectral
characteristics from the current CCD.
14 pin DIP (Plastic)
• High sensitivity (+5dB compared with the ICX209AK)
• Low smear (–20dB compared with the ICX209AK)
• High D range (+2dB compared with the ICX209AK)
• Horizontal register: 3.3 to 5.0V drive
• Reset gate:
3.3 to 5.0V drive
• No voltage adjustment
(Reset gate and substrate bias are not adjusted.)
• High resolution, low smear and low dark current
• Excellent antiblooming characteristics
• Continuous variable-speed shutter
• Recommended range of exit pupil distance: –20 to –100mm
• Ye, Cy, Mg, and G complementary color mosaic filters on chip
Optical black position
• Interline CCD image sensor
• Image size:
Diagonal 4.5mm (Type 1/4)
• Number of effective pixels: 752 (H) × 582 (V) approx. 440K pixels
• Total number of pixels: 795 (H) × 596 (V) approx. 470K pixels
• Chip size:
4.43mm (H) ×3.69mm (V)
• Unit cell size:
4.85µm (H) × 4.65µm (V)
• Optical black:
Horizontal (H) direction: Front 3 pixels, rear 40 pixels
Vertical (V) direction: Front 12 pixels, rear 2 pixels
• Number of dummy bits: Horizontal 22
Vertical 1 (even fields only)
• Substrate material:
∗ EXview HAD CCD is a trademark of Sony Corporation.
EXview HAD CCD is a CCD that drastically improves light efficiency by including near infrared light region as a basic structure of
HAD (Hole-Accumulation-Diode) sensor.
Sony reserves the right to change products and specifications without prior notice. This information does not convey any license by
any implication or otherwise under any patents or other right. Application circuits shown, if any, are typical examples illustrating the
operation of the devices. Sony cannot assume responsibility for any problems arising out of the use of these circuits.