16 x 2 LCD Character Display Module
for the MB203 module board
The MB203LCD is a 16 x 2 Character LCD Display Module compatible with MB203 module board,
a precision +/- 5½-digit Digital Voltmeter (DVM) printed circuit board that contains the
ALD500R/ALD523D A/D Converter – Display Module Controller chipset. The MB203LCD has built-in
Character ROM, display driver and column driver, a 6-inch cable and a 14-pin connector that plugs into
the side of the MB203 board. It draws its power directly from theMB203 module board so that a separate
power supply source is not required.
The MB203LCD, together with the MB203 and a standard +5 V DC power supply source, makes a
complete high resolution, high precision Digital Panel Meter. For a complete list of characters available,
please see publication DVM523, ALD523D Setup and Calibration Software User Guide, page 15.
• 16 Characters with 2 lines display
• Over 200 character fonts available
• High Display resolution: 5 x 8 dots per character
• Display with driver mounted on a single printed circuit board
• Standard CMOS Logic compatible
• 6 inch cable with 14-pin connector that plugs directly into the MB203 Module Board
• Displays Multiple Display Sets with the MB203 Module Board
• Easy to program with the MB203 Module Board software and a standard PC
• Power Supply: +4.5 V to +5.5V max @ 5mA max.
• High-Level Input Voltage= 2.2 V to Vcc
• Low-Level Input Voltage: 0.0 V to 0.6 V
• Operating Temperature Range: 0 to 50 degrees C.
• Font size: 4.35 mm x 2.95 mm
• Overall dimension: 80.0 mm (width) x 36.0 mm (height) x 11.0 mm (depth)
MB203LCD © 2002 Advanced Linear Devices, Inc., 415 Tasman Drive, Sunnyvale, California 94089-1706, Tel: (408) 747-1155,
Fax: (408) 747-1286
1 of 1