SPDT High Isolation Terminated Switch
0.01 - 3.0 GHz
• Positive Voltage Control: 0 / +5 V
• High Isolation: 55 dB @ 0.9 GHz
50 dB @ 1.9 GHz
• 50 Ω Internal Terminations
• Low Insertion Loss: 0.6 dB @ 0.9 GHz
0.7 dB @ 1.9 GHz
• Lead-Free MSOP-8-EP Package
• 100% Matte Tin Plating over Copper
• Halogen-Free “Green” Mold Compound
• 260°C Reflow Compatible
• RoHS* Compliant Version of MASWSS0024
The M/A-COM MASWSS0178 GaAs monolithic
switch provides high isolation in a lead-free, plastic
surface mount package.
The MASWSS0178 is ideal for applications across a
broad range of frequencies including synthesizer
switching, transmit / receive switching, switch
matrices and filter banks in systems such as radio
and cellular equipment, PCS, GPS, and fiber optic
M/A-COM fabricates the MASWSS0178 using a
1.0-micron gate length MESFET process. The
process features full chip passivation for
performance and reliability.
Ordering Information 1
3000 piece reel
1. Reference Application Note M513 for reel size information.
Functional Block Diagram
Pin Configuration 2
Pin Function Pin
1 Control 1 5
2 Control 2 6
3 RF Common 7
4 Ground 8
RF Port 2
RF Port 1
2. The exposed pad centered on the package bottom must be
connected to RF and DC ground.
Absolute Maximum Ratings 3,4
Input Power (0.5 - 3.0 GHz)
3 V Control
5 V Control
-40°C to +85°C
-65°C to +150°C
3. Exceeding any one or combination of these limits may cause
permanent damage to this device.
4. M/A-COM does not recommend sustained operation near
these survivability limits.
* Restrictions on Hazardous Substances, European Union Directive 2002/95/EC.
M/A-COM Inc. and its affiliates reserve the right to make changes to the
product(s) or information contained herein without notice. M/A-COM makes
no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the suitability of its
products for any particular purpose, nor does M/A-COM assume any liability
whatsoever arising out of the use or application of any product(s) or
• North America Tel: 800.366.2266 / Fax: 978.366.2266
• Europe Tel: 44.1908.574.200 / Fax: 44.1908.574.300
• Asia/Pacific Tel: 81.44.844.8296 / Fax: 81.44.844.8298
Visit www.macom.com for additional data sheets and product information.