Pressure Sensor. MPXH63000A Datasheet
Rev 4, 01/2007
High Temperature Accuracy
Integrated Silicon Pressure Sensor
for Measuring Absolute Pressure,
On-Chip Signal Conditioned,
The Freescale MPXH6300A series sensor integrates on-chip, bipolar op amp
circuitry and thin film resistor networks to provide a high output signal and
temperature compensation. The small form factor and high reliability of on-chip
integration make the Freescale pressure sensor a logical and economical choice
for the system designer.
The MPXH6300A series piezoresistive transducer is a state-of-the-art,
monolithic, signal conditioned, silicon pressure sensor. This sensor combines
advanced micromachining techniques, thin film metallization, and bipolar
semiconductor processing to provide an accurate, high level analog output signal
that is proportional to applied pressure.
Figure 1 shows a block diagram of the internal circuitry integrated on a
pressure sensor chip.
• Improved Accuracy at High Temperature
• Available in Small and Super Small Outline Packages
• 1.5% Maximum Error over 0° to 85°C
• Ideally suited for Microprocessor or Microcontroller-Based Systems
• Temperature Compensated from –40° to +125°C
• Durable Thermoplastic (PPS) Surface Mount Package
• Industrial Controls
• Engine Control/Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP)
Element Element Only
1317 MPXH6300A6T1 Tape & Reel MPXH6300A
Ported Absolute, Axial 1317A MPXH6300AC6U
Absolute, Axial 1317A MPXH300AC6T1 Tape & Reel MPXH6300A
20 to 304 kPa (3.0 to 42 psi)
0.3 to 4.9 V OUTPUT
SUPER SMALL OUTLINE PACKAGES
1 N/C 5 N/C
2 VS 6
3 GND 7
4 VOUT 8
1. Pins 1, 5, 6, 7, and 8 are internal device
connections. Do not connect to external
circuitry or ground. Pin 1 is noted by the
notch in the lead.
© Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., 2007. All rights reserved.
Gain Stage #1
Gain Stage #2
GND Pins 1, 5, 6, 7, and 8 are NO CONNECTS
for small outline package devices
Table 1. Maximum Ratings(1)
Figure 1. Fully Integrated Pressure Sensor Schematic
Maximum Pressure (P1 > P2)
–40 to +125
Output Source Current @ Full Scale Output(2)
Output Sink Current @ Minimum Pressure Offset2
TA –40 to +125
1. Exposure beyond the specified limits may cause permanent damage or degradation to the device.
2. Maximum Output Current is controlled by effective impedance from Vout to GND or Vout to VS in the application circuit.