Signal Conditioned. MPXV4006G Datasheet
Integrated Silicon Pressure Sensor
On-Chip Signal Conditioned,
The MPXV4006G series piezoresistive transducer is a state-of-the-art
monolithic silicon pressure sensor designed for a wide range of applications, but
particularly those employing a microcontroller or microprocessor with A/D inputs.
This sensor combines a highly sensitive implanted strain gauge with advanced
micromachining techniques, thin-film metallization, and bipolar processing to
provide an accurate, high level analog output signal that is proportional to the
• Temperature Compensated over 10° to 60°C
• Ideally Suited for Microprocessor or Microcontroller-Based Systems
• Available in Gauge Surface Mount (SMT) or Through-hole (DIP)
• Durable Thermoplastic (PPS) Package
MPXV4006G series pressure sensors are available in the basic element
package or with pressure ports. Two packing options are offered for the 482 and
482A case configurations.
Case MPX Series Order Packing
Tape & Reel MPXV4006G
Element Only 482B MPXV4006G7U
482A MPXV4006GC6T1 Tape & Reel MPXV4006G
Rev 6, 01/2007
0 to 6 kPa (0 to 0.87 psi)
0.2 to 4.7 V OUTPUT
SMALL OUTLINE PACKAGE
SMALL OUTLINE PACKAGE
1 N/C 5 N/C
2 VS 6 N/C
3 Gnd 7 N/C
4 Vout 8 N/C
1. Pins 1, 5, 6, 7, and 8 are internal device
connections. Do not connect to external
circuitry or ground. Pin 1 is noted by the
notch i n the lead.
© Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., 2007. All rights reserved.
Gain Stage #1
Gain Stage #2
Pins 1, 5, 6, 7, and 8 are NO CONNECTS
GND for small outline package device
Figure 1. Fully Integrated Pressure Sensor Schematic
Table 1. Maximum Ratings(1)
Maximum Pressure (P1 >P2)
-30° to +100°
-10° to +60°
1. Exposure beyond the specified limits may cause permanent damage or degradation to the device.
Table 2. Operating Characteristics
Full Scale Output(2)
(RF = 51kΩ)
(RF = 51kΩ)
(10 to 60°C)
1. Device is ratiometric within this specified excitation range.
2. Full Scale Span (VFSS) is defined as the algebraic difference between the output voltage at full rated pressure and the output voltage at the
minimum rated pressure.
3. Offset (Voff) is defined as the output voltage at the minimum rated pressure.
4. Accuracy (error budget) consists of the following:
Output deviation from a straight line relationship with pressure over the specified pressure range.
• Temperature Hysteresis: Output deviation at any temperature within the operating temperature range, after the temperature is cycled to
and from the minimum or maximum operating temperature points, with zero differential pressure applied.
• Pressure Hysteresis:
Output deviation at any pressure within the specified range, when this pressure is cycled to and from minimum
or maximum rated pressure, at 25°C.
• Offset Stability:
Output deviation, after 1000 temperature cycles, -30 to 100°C, and 1.5 million pressure cycles, with
minimum rated pressure applied.
Output deviation over the temperature range of 10° to 60°C, relative to 25°C.
Output deviation with minimum pressure applied, over the temperature range of 10° to 60°C, relative to 25°C.
5. Auto Zero at Factory Installation: Due to the sensitivity of the MPXV4006G, external mechanical stresses and mounting position can affect
the zero pressure output reading. To obtain the 5% FSS accuracy, the device output must be “autozeroed'' after installation. Autozeroing is
defined as storing the zero pressure output reading and subtracting this from the device's output during normal operations.