Pressure Sensor. MPXV4115V Datasheet
Data Sheet: Technical Data
Rev 4, 10/2012
Integrated Silicon Pressure Sensor
On-Chip Signal Conditioned,
Temperature Compensated, and
The MPXV4115V series piezoresistive transducer is a state-of-the-art
monolithic silicon pressure sensor designed for a wide range of applications,
particularly those employing a microcontroller with A/D inputs. This transduc-
er combines advanced micromachining techniques, thin-film metallization
and bipolar processing to provide an accurate, high-level analog output signal
that is proportional to the applied pressure/vacuum. The small form factor and
high reliability of on-chip integration make the sensor a logical and economi-
cal choice for the automotive system designer. Figure 1 shows a block dia-
gram of the internal circuitry integrated on a pressure sensor chip.
• 1.5% Maximum error over 0 to 85C
• Temperature Compensated from –40 + 125C
• Ideally Suited for Microprocessor or Microcontroller-Based Systems
• Durable Thermoplastic (PPS) Surface Mount Package
-115 to 0 kPa (-16.7 to 0 psi)
0.2 to 4.6 V Output
• Vacuum Pump Monitoring
• Brake Booster Monitoring
Small Outline Package (MPXV4115V Series)
# of Ports
None Single Dual
SMALL OUTLINE PACKAGES
© 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012 Freescale Semiconductor, Inc. All rights reserved.
Table 1. Operating Characteristics (VS = 5.0 Vdc, TA = 25°C unless otherwise noted. Decoupling circuit shown in Figure 3
required to meet electrical specifications.)
Pressure Range (Differential mode, Vacuum on metal cap side, Atmospheric
pressure on back side)
Full Scale Output(2)
(Pdiff = 0 kPa)2
(0 to 85C)
Full Scale Span(3)
@ VS = 5.0 V
(0 to 85C)
(0 to 85C)
Output Source Current at Full Scale Output
1. Device is ratiometric within this specified excitation range.
2. Full Scale Output is defined as the output voltage at the maximum or full-rated pressure.
3. Full Scale Span is defined as the algebraic difference between the output voltage at full-rated pressure and the output voltage at the
4. Accuracy is the deviation in actual output from nominal output over the entire pressure range and temperature range as a percent of span
at 25°C due to all sources of errors, including the following:
Output deviation from a straight line relationship with pressure over the specified pressure range.
Temperature Hysteresis: Output deviation at any temperature within the operating temperature range, after the temperature is cycled to
and from the minimum or maximum operating temperature points, with zero differential pressure applied.
Output deviation at any pressure within the specified range, when this pressure is cycled to and from minimum
or maximum rated pressure at 25°C.
Output deviation over the temperature range of 0° to 85°C, relative to 25°C.
Output deviation with minimum pressure applied, over the temperature range of 0° to 85°C, relative to 25°C.
5. Response Time is defined as the time for the incremental change in the output to go from 10% to 90% of its final value when subjected to a
specified step change in pressure.
6. Warm-up Time is defined as the time required for the product to meet the specified output voltage after the Pressure has been stabilized.
7. Offset Stability is the product's output deviation when subjected to 1000 hours of Pulsed Pressure, Temperature Cycling with Bias Test.
Freescale Semiconductor, Inc.