Broadband CATV Amplifier
50 - 1000 MHz
• 75 Ω Input / Output Match
• CTB: -75 dBc
• Noise Figure: 1.8 dB
• Gain: 17 dB, 20 dB
• Lead Free SOT-89 Package
• 100% Matte Tin Plating over Copper
• Halogen-Free “Green” Mold Compound
www.DataShee•t4U.RcoomHS* Compliant and 260°C Reflow Compatible
M/A-COM’s MAAMSS0060 CATV amplifier is a
GaAs MMIC which exhibits low distortion in a lead
free miniature surface mount plastic package. The
MAAMSS0060 employs a monolithic single stage
design featuring a convenient 75 Ω input/output
impedance that minimizes the number of external
The MAAMSS0060 provides low noise and high
linearity. It is ideally suited for set top boxes, home
gateways, FTTX, Drop Amplifiers, and other
broadband internet based appliances.
The MAAMSS0060 is fabricated using M/A-COM’s
PHEMT process to realize low noise and low
distortion. The process features full passivation for
robust performance and reliability.
Ordering Information 1,2
1000 piece reel
3000 piece reel
MAAM-000060-001SMB 17 dB Gain Configuration
MAAM-000060-002SMB 20 dB Gain Configuration
1. Reference Application Note M513 for reel size information.
2. All sample boards include 5 loose parts.
RF Output / Drain Supply
Absolute Maximum Ratings 3,4
RF Input Power
-40 °C to +85 °C
-65 °C to +150 °C
3. Exceeding any one or combination of these limits may cause
permanent damage to this device.
4. M/A-COM does not recommend sustained operation near
these survivability limits.
* Restrictions on Hazardous Substances, European Union Directive 2002/95/EC.
ADVANCED: Data Sheets contain information regarding a product M/A-COM is considering for
• North America Tel: 800.366.2266 / Fax: 978.366.2266
development. Performance is based on target specifications, simulated results, and/or prototype
measurements. Commitment to develop is not guaranteed.
PRELIMINARY: Data Sheets contain information regarding a product M/A-COM has under develop-
ment. Performance is based on engineering tests. Specifications are typical. Mechanical outline has
• Europe Tel: 44.1908.574.200 / Fax: 44.1908.574.300
• Asia/Pacific Tel: 81.44.844.8296 / Fax: 81.44.844.8298
Visit www.macom.com for additional data sheets and product information.
been fixed. Engineering samples and/or test data may be available. Commitment to produce in
volume is not guaranteed.
M/A-COM Inc. and its affiliates reserve the right to make changes to the product(s) or
information contained herein without notice.