CDS/PGA & 10-bit A/D Converter
Apr 20, 2004
The HD49340F/HF is a CMOS IC that provides CDS-PGA analog processing (CDS/PGA) suitable for CCD camera
digital signal processing systems together with a 10-bit A/D converter in a single chip.
• Correlated double sampling
• Offset compensation
• Serial interface control
• 10-bit ADC
• Operates using only the 3 V voltage
• Corresponds to switching mode of power dissipation and operating frequency
Power dissipation: 120 mW (Typ), maximum frequency: 36 MHz (HD49340HF)
Power dissipation: 60 mW (Typ), maximum frequency: 25 MHz (HD49340F)
• ADC direct input mode
• QFP 48-pin package
• Suppresses low-frequency noise output from CCD by the S/H type correlated double sampling.
• The S/H response frequency characteristics for the reference level can be adjusted using values of external parts and
• High sensitivity is achieved due to the high S/N ratio and a wide coverage provided by a PG amplifier.
• Feedback is used to compensate and reduce the DC offsets including the output DC offset due to PGA gain change
and the CCD offset in the CDS (correlated double sampling) amplifier input.
• PGA, standby mode, etc., is achieved via a serial interface.
• High precision is provided by a 10-bit-resolution A/D converter.
Rev.1.0, Apr 20, 2004, page 1 of 22