2N6073A. 6073A Datasheet
Sensitive Gate Triacs
Silicon Bidirectional Thyristors
Designed primarily for full-wave AC control applications, such as
light dimmers, motor controls, heating controls and power supplies; or
wherever full-wave silicon gate controlled solid-state devices are
needed. Triac type thyristors switch from a blocking to a conducting
state for either polarity of applied anode voltage with positive or
negative gate triggering.
• Sensitive Gate Triggering Uniquely Compatible for Direct Coupling
to TTL, HTL, CMOS and Operational Amplifier Integrated Circuit
• Gate Triggering: 4 Mode − 2N6071A, B; 2N6073A, B; 2N6075A, B
• Blocking Voltages to 600 V
• All Diffused and Glass Passivated Junctions for Greater Parameter
Uniformity and Stability
• Small, Rugged, Thermopad Construction for Low Thermal
Resistance, High Heat Dissipation and Durability
• Device Marking: Device Type, e.g., 2N6071A, Date Code
4.0 A RMS, 200 − 600 V
x = 1, 3, 5
y = A, B
Y = Year
WW = Work Week
G = Pb−Free Package
See detailed ordering and shipping information in the package
dimensions section on page 7 of this data sheet.
Preferred devices are recommended choices for future use
and best overall value.
*For additional information on our Pb−Free strategy and soldering details, please
download the ON Semiconductor Soldering and Mounting Techniques
Reference Manual, SOLDERRM/D.
© Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, 2006
April, 2006 − Rev. 7
Publication Order Number:
MAXIMUM RATINGS (TJ = 25°C unless otherwise noted)
ww*wP.eDaaktaRSehpeeettit4ivUe.cOofmf-State Voltage (Note 1)
(TJ = *40 to 110°C, Sine Wave, 50 to 60 Hz, Gate Open)
*On-State RMS Current (TC = 85°C) Full Cycle Sine Wave 50 to 60 Hz
*Peak Non−repetitive Surge Current (One Full cycle, 60 Hz, TJ = +110°C)
Circuit Fusing Considerations (t = 8.3 ms)
*Peak Gate Power (Pulse Width ≤ 1.0 ms, TC = 85°C)
*Average Gate Power (t = 8.3 ms, TC = 85°C)
*Peak Gate Voltage (Pulse Width ≤ 1.0 ms, TC = 85°C)
*Operating Junction Temperature Range
*Storage Temperature Range
Mounting Torque (6-32 Screw) (Note 2)
−40 to +110
−40 to +150
Stresses exceeding Maximum Ratings may damage the device. Maximum Ratings are stress ratings only. Functional operation above the
Recommended Operating Conditions is not implied. Extended exposure to stresses above the Recommended Operating Conditions may affect
1. VDRM and VRRM for all types can be applied on a continuous basis. Blocking voltages shall not be tested with a constant current source such
that the voltage ratings of the devices are exceeded.
2. Torque rating applies with use of a compression washer. Mounting torque in excess of 6 in. lb. does not appreciably lower case-to-sink thermal
resistance. Main terminal 2 and heatsink contact pad are common.
*Thermal Resistance, Junction−to−Case
Thermal Resistance, Junction−to−Ambient
Maximum Lead Temperature for Soldering Purposes 1/8″ from Case for 10 Seconds
*Indicates JEDEC Registered Data.