N7782B PER Analyzer
and N7783B Thermal
• Accurate PER-measurement up to 50 dB
• Real-time display
• Easy-to-use: Reliable results independent
of operator skill set
• Swept-wavelength and heating/stretching
• Measurement of the PER versus wavelength
• Fast/slow axis detection
• Instruments available for 850 nm up
to 1640 nm
www.DataS•heetI4nUte.cronmal ﬁxed wavelength sources at
850 nm/1310 nm/1550 nm available.
Agilent’s N7782B Series of polarization extinction ratio
(PER) Analyzers has been designed for high speed and
highly accurate testing of PER in PM ﬁbers. The polarimetric
measurement principle guarantees reliable measurements
of PER values of up to 50 dB.
The real time measurement capability in combination with
automation interfaces makes this unit ideally suited for
integration in manufacturing systems, for example pig-tailing
stations for laser diodes and planar wave guide components.
Analog interfaces are provided for integration of the system
in control loop applications.