Ultra-Low Capacitance TVS Diode Array
The AOZ8007 is a transient voltage suppressor array
designed to protect high speed data lines such as HDMI
and Gigabit Ethernet from damaging ESD events.
This device incorporates eight surge rated, low capaci-
tance steering diodes and a TVS in a single package.
During transient conditions, the steering diodes direct the
transient to either the positive side of the power supply
line or to ground.
The AOZ8007 provides a typical line to line capacitance
of 0.47pF and low insertion loss up to 2.58GHz providing
greater signal integrity making it ideally suited for HDMI
1.3 applications, such as Digital TVs, DVD players,
set-top boxes and mobile computing devices.
The AOZ8007 comes in RoHS compliant, tiny SOT-23-6
and MSOP-10 packages and is rated -40°C to +85°C
junction temperature range.
The MSOP package features a ﬂow through layout
● ESD protection for high-speed data lines:
– IEC 61000-4-2, level 4 (ESD) immunity test
– ±15kV (air discharge) and ±8kV (contact discharge)
– Human Body Model (HBM) ±15kV
● Array of surge rated diodes with internal TVS diode
● Small package saves board space
● Protects four I/O lines
● Low capacitance between I/O lines: 0.47pF
● Low clamping voltage
● Low operating voltage: 5.0V
● HDMI ports
● Monitors and ﬂat panel displays
● Set-top box
● USB 2.0 power and data line protection
● Video graphics cards
● Digital Video Interface (DVI)
● 10/100/1000 Ethernet
● Notebook computers
Rev. 2.1 August 2008
Figure 1. HDMI Ports
Page 1 of 14