The Future of Analog IC Technology
The MP1470 is a high-f requency, synchronous,
rectified, st ep-down, switch-mode converter
with internal power MOSFETs. It o ffers a very
compact solution to achieve a 2A continuous
output curre nt over a wide input supply range,
with excellent load and line regulation. The
MP1470 ha s synchronous-mode operation for
higher efficiency over the output current-load
Current-mode operation provides fast transien t
response and eases loop stabilization.
Protection features include
protection and thermal shutdown.
The MP1470 requires a minimal number of
components and is available in a sp ace-saving
6-pin TSOT23 package.
High-Efficiency, 2A, 16V, 500kHz
Synchronous, Step-Down Converter
In a 6-Pin TSOT 23
• Wide 4.7V-to-16V Operating Input Range
• 163m Ω/86mΩ Low-RDS(ON) Internal Power
• Proprietary Switching-Loss–Reduction
• High-Efficie ncy Synchronous-Mode
• Fixed 500kHz Switching Frequency
• Internal AAM Power-Save Mode for High
Efficiency at Light Load
• Internal Soft-Start
• Over-Current Protection and Hiccup
• Thermal Shutdown
• Output Adjustable from 0.8V
• Available in a 6-pin TSOT-23 package
• Game Consoles
• Digital Set-Top Boxes
• Flat-Panel Television and Monitors
• General Purposes
All MPS parts are lead-free and adhere to the RoHS directive. For MPS green
status, please visit MPS website under Products, Quality Assurance page.
“MPS” and “The Future of Analog IC Technology” are registered trademarks of
Monolithic Power Systems, Inc.
MP1470 Rev. 1.02
MPS Proprietary Information. Patent Protected. Unauthorized Photocopy and Duplication Prohibited.
© 2013 MPS. All Rights Reserved.