The Future of Analog IC Technology
The MP1494 is a high-f requency, synchronous,
rectified, st ep-down, switch-mode converter
with built-in power MOSFETs. It o ffers a very
compact solution to achieve a 2A continuous
output curr ent with e xcellent loa d and line
regulation o ver a wide input supply range. The
MP1494 ha s synchronous mode operation fo r
higher efficiency over t he output current load
Current-mode operation provides fast transien t
response and eases loop stabilization.
Full protection feature s include over-current
protection and thermal shut down.
The MP149 4 requires a minimal number of
readily-available standard external components,
and is available in a space- saving 8-pin
High-Efficiency, 2A, 16V, 500kHz
Synchronous, Step-Down Converter
• Wide 4.5V-to-16V Operating Input Range
• 100m Ω/40mΩ Low RDS(ON) Internal Power
• High-Efficiency Synchronous Mode
• Fixed 500kHz Switching Frequency
• Synchronizes from a 200kHz-to-2MHz
• AAM Power-Save Mode
• Internal Soft-Start
• OCP Protection and Hiccup
• Thermal Shutdown
• Output Adjustable from 0.8V
• Available in an 8-pin TSOT-23 Package
• Notebook Systems and I/O Power
• Digital Set-Top Boxes
• Flat-Panel Television and Monitors
• Distributed Power Systems
All MPS parts are lead-free and adhere to the RoHS directive. For MPS green
status, please visit M PS website u nder Q uality Ass urance. “ MPS” a nd “The
Future of Analog IC Technology” are Registered Trademarks of Monolithic
Power Systems, Inc.
1 AAM GND
MP1494 Rev. 1.04
MPS Proprietary Information. Patent Protected. Unauthorized Photocopy and Duplication Prohibited.
© 2012 MPS. All Rights Reserved.