The Future of Analog IC Technology
The MP1496 is a high-f requency, synchronous,
rectified, st ep-down, switch-mode converter
with built-in power MOSFETs. It o ffers a very
compact solution to achieve a 2A continuous
output curr ent with e xcellent loa d and line
regulation o ver a wide input supply range. The
MP1496 ha s synchronous mode operation fo r
higher efficiency over t he output-current–load
Current-mode operation provides a fa
transient response and eases loop stabilization.
Protective features include
protection a nd thermal shut down and external
The MP149 6 requires a minimal number of
readily-available standard external components,
and is available in a space- saving 8-pin
High-Efficiency, 2A, 16V, 500kHz
Synchronous, Step-Down Converter
• Wide 4.5V to 16V Operating Input Range
• 100m Ω/40mΩ Low-RDS(ON) Internal Power
• Proprietary Switching-Loss–Reduction
• High-Efficiency Synchronous Mode
• Fixed 500kHz Switching Frequency
• Can Synchronize with a 200kHz-to-2MHz
• Externally Programmable Soft-Start
• OCP Protection and Hiccup
• Thermal Shutdown
• Output Adjustable Starting from 0.8V
• Available in an 8-pin TSOT-23 Package
• Notebook Computers and I/O Power
• Digital Set-Top Boxes
• Flat-Panel Television and Monitors
• Distributed Power Systems
All MPS parts are lead-free and adhere to the RoHS directive. For MPS green
status, please visit MPS website under Products, Quality Assurance page.
“MPS” and “The Future of Analog IC Technology” are registered trademarks of
Monolithic Power Systems, Inc.
40 .2 k
MP1496 Rev. 1.05
MPS Proprietary Information. Patent Protected. Unauthorized Photocopy and Duplication Prohibited.
© 2012 MPS. All Rights Reserved.