The Future of Analog IC Technology
The MP1497 is a high-f requency, synchronous,
rectified, step-down switch mode co nverter with
built in inte rnal power MOSFETs. It offers a
very compact solution to achieve 3A continuous
output curr ent with e xcellent loa d and line
regulation o ver a wide input supply range. The
MP1497 ha s synchronous mode operation fo r
higher efficiency over t he output current load
Current-mode operation provides a fa
transient response and eases loop stabilization.
Protective features include
protection, t hermal shutdown, and external SS
The MP149 7 requires a minimal number of
readily-available external compone nts and is
available in a space-saving 8-pin TSOT23
High-Efficiency, 3A, 16V, 500kHz
Synchronous, Step-Down Converter
• Wide 4.5V-to-16V Operating Input Range
• 80m Ω/30mΩ Low RDS(ON) Internal Power
• Proprietary Switching-Loss–Reduction
• High-Efficiency Synchronous Mode
• Fixed 500kHz Switching Frequency
• Can Synchronize to a 200kHz-to-2MHz
• Externally-Programmabl e Soft-Start
• OCP and Hiccup
• Thermal Shutdown
• Output Adjustable from 0.8V
• Available in an 8-pin TSOT-23 Package
• Notebook Systems and I/O Power
• Digital Set-Top Boxes
• Flat-Panel Televisions and Monitors
• Distributed Power Systems
All MPS parts are lead-free and adhere to the RoHS directive. For MPS green
status, please visit MPS website under Products, Quality Assurance page.
“MPS” and “The Future of Analog IC Technology” are registered trademarks of
Monolithic Power Systems, Inc.
0.1 1 SS GND
MP1497 Rev. 1.05
MPS Proprietary Information. Patent Protected. Unauthorized Photocopy and Duplication Prohibited.
© 2012 MPS. All Rights Reserved.