The Future of Analog IC Technology
The MP155 is a primary-side regulator that
provides accurate constant voltage regulation
without the opto-coupler, and supports Buck,
Buck-boost, Boost and Flyback topologies. An
integrated 500V MOSFET simplifies the
structure and reduces costs. These features
make it a competitive candidate for off-line low-
power applications, such as home appliances
and standby power.
The MP155 is a green-mode-operation
regulator. Both the peak current and the
switching frequency decrease as the load
decreases. As a result, it offers excellent
efficiency performance at light load, thus
improving the overall average efficiency.
The MP155 features various protections such
as thermal shutdown (TSD), VCC under-voltage
lockout (UVLO), overload protection (OLP),
short-circuit protection (SCP), and open loop
The MP155 is available in the TSOT23-5 and
Energy Efficient Off-line Regulator
• Primary-side constant voltage (CV) control,
supporting Buck, Buck-boost, Boost and
• Integrated 500V/20Ω MOSFET
• < 100mW No-load power consumption
• Up to 4W output power
• Maximum DCM output current of 130mA
• Maximum CCM output current of 220mA
• Low VCC operating current
• Frequency foldback
• Maximum frequency limit
• Peak current compression
• Internal high-voltage current source
• Internal 350ns leading-edge blanking
• Thermal shutdown (auto restart)
• VCC under-voltage lockout with hysteresis
• Timer-based overload protection.
• Short circuit protection
• Open loop protection
• Home Appliances, white goods and
• Industrial Controls
• Standby Power
All MPS parts are lead-free, halogen free, and adhere to the RoHS directive. For
MPS green status, please visit MPS website under Quality Assurance.
“MPS” and “The Future of Analog IC Technology” are Registered Trademarks
of Monolithic Power Systems, Inc.
MP155 Rev. 1.15
MPS Proprietary Information. Patent Protected. Unauthorized Photocopy and Duplication Prohibited.
© 2015 MPS. All Rights Reserved.