LNK403EG IC Datasheet
LED Driver IC
|Total Page||20 Pages|
LED Driver IC with TRIAC Dimming, Single-Stage PFC and
Primary-Side Constant Current Control
Dramatically Simplifies Off-line LED Drivers
• Flicker-free phase-controlled TRIAC dimming
• Single stage power factor corrected and accurate constant
current (CC) output
• Eliminates optocoupler and all secondary current control
• Eliminates all control loop compensation circuitry
• Simple primary-side PWM dimming interface
• Universal input voltage range
• Enables designs that are electrolytic-free
Accurate and Consistent Performance
• Compensates for transformer inductance tolerances
• Compensates for line input voltage variations
• Frequency jittering greatly reduces EMI filter size and costs
Advanced Protection and Safety Features
• Auto-restart for short-circuit protection
• Open circuit fault detection mode
• Automatic thermal shutdown restart with hysteresis
• Meets high voltage creepage requirement between DRAIN and
all other signal pins both on PCB and at package
EcoSmart® – Energy Efficient
• Low standby power remote ON/OFF feature
(<50 mW at 230 VAC)
• No current sense resistors – maximizes efficiency
• High efficiency operation, >85% achievable
• Halogen free and ROHS compliant package
• Off-line LED driver
The LinkSwitch-PH dramatically simplifies implementation of LED
drivers requiring PF >0.9, TRIAC dimmer capability and high
efficiency. The single-stage PF and constant current controller
eliminates passive circuitry required for power factor correction
and electrolytic bulk capacitor. The advanced primary-side control
techniques used by the LinkSwitch-PH device provide accurate
constant current control while eliminating the need for an
optocoupler and secondary-side current control circuitry.
IN D V LinkSwitch-PH
S R FB
Figure 1. Typical Application Schematic.
Output Power Table1,2
Minimum Output Power3 Maximum Output Power4
Table 1. Output Power Table.
1. Continuous power in an open frame with adequate heat sinking at device local
ambient of 70 °C.
2. Power level calculated on typical LED string voltage with efficiency >80%.
LNK403EG CBP = 10 mF.
LinkSwitch-PH incorporates a 725 V power MOSFET, a
continuous-mode PWM controller, a high voltage switched
current source for self biasing, frequency jittering, cycle-by-cycle
current limit and hysteretic thermal shutdown circuitry, all in a
Figure 2. Functional Block Diagram.
Pin Functional Description
DRAIN (D) Pin:
This pin is the power MOSFET drain connection. It also
provides internal operating current for both start-up and
SOURCE (S) Pin:
This pin is the power MOSFET source connection. It is also the
ground reference for the BYPASS, FEEDBACK, REFERENCE and
VOLTAGE MONITOR pins.
BYPASS (BP) Pin:
This is the connection point for an external bypass capacitor for
the internally generated 5.9 V supply. This pin also provides
output power selection through choice of the BYPASS pin
FEEDBACK (FB) Pin:
The FEEDBACK pin is used for output voltage feedback. The
current into the FEEDBACK pin is directly proportional to the
output voltage. The FEEDBACK pin also includes circuitry to
protect against open load and overload output conditions.
REFERENCE (R) Pin:
This pin is connected to an external precision resistor and is
used to select between dimming and non-TRIAC dimming
modes of operation.
VOLTAGE MONITOR (V) Pin:
This pin interfaces with an external input line peak detector,
consisting of a rectifier, filter capacitor and resistors. The
applied current is used to control stop logic for line
undervoltage (UV), overvoltage (OV), provide feed-forward to
control the output current and the remote ON/OFF function.
E Package (eSIP-7C)
SOURCE Pin (see
Figure 3. Pin Configuration.
Rev. A 060910
|Features||LNK403-409EG LinkSwitch®-PH Family LED Driver IC with TRIAC Dimming, Single-St age PFC and Primary-Side Constant Curre nt Control Product Highlights D ramatically Simplifies Off-line LED Dri vers • Flicker-free phase-controlled TRIAC dimming • Single stage power fa ctor corrected and accurate constant cu rrent (CC) output • Eliminates optoco upler and all secondary current control circuitry • Eliminates all control l oop compensation circuitry • Simple p rimary-side PWM dimming interface • U niversal input voltage range • Enable s designs that are electrolytic-free Ac curate and Consistent Performance • C ompensates for transformer inductance t olerances • Compensates for line inpu t voltage variations • Frequency jitt ering greatly reduces EMI filter size a nd costs Advanced Protection and Safety Features • Auto-restart for short-ci rcuit protection • Open circuit fault detection mode • Automatic thermal shutdown restart with hysteresis • Meets high voltag.|
|Keywords||LNK403EG, datasheet, pdf, Power Integrations, LED, Driver, IC, NK403EG, K403EG, 403EG, LNK403E, LNK403, LNK40, Equivalent, stock, pinout, distributor, price, schematic, inventory, databook, Electronic, Components, Parameters, parts, cross reference, chip, Semiconductor, circuit, Electric, manual, substitute|