This service manual describes the latest technical
information for the IC-7400 HF/VHF ALL MODE
TRANSCEIVER at the time of publication.
NEVER connect the transceiver to an AC outlet or to a DC
power supply that uses more than specified. This will ruin
DO NOT expose the transceiver to rain, snow or any liquids.
DO NOT reverse the polarities of the power supply when
connecting the transceiver.
DO NOT apply an RF signal of more than 20 dBm (100 mW) to
the antenna connector. This could damage the transceiver’s
To upgrade quality, any electrical or mechanical parts
and internal circuits are subject to change without notice
Be sure to include the following four points when ordering
1. 10-digit Icom parts numbers
2. Component name
3. Equipment model name and unit name
4. Quantity required
1110003491 S.IC TA31136FNG IC-7400
8820001210 Screw 2438 screw IC-7400
MAIN UNIT 5 pieces
Top cover 10 pieces
Addresses are provided on the inside back cover for your
1. Make sure that the problem is internal before
disassembling the transceiver.
2. DO NOT open the transceiver until the transceiver is
disconnected from its power source.
3. DO NOT force any of the variable components. Turn
them slowly and smoothly.
4. DO NOT short any circuits or electronic parts. An
insulated tuning tool MUST be used for all adjustments.
5. DO NOT keep power ON for a long time when the
transceiver is defective.
6. DO NOT transmit power into a Standard Signal
Generator or a Sweep Generator.
7. ALWAYS connect a 50 dB to 60 dB attenuator between
the transceiver and a Deviation Meter or Spectrum
Analyzer when using such test equipment.
8. READ the instructions of test equipment throughly
before connecting a test equipment to the transceiver.
Icom, Icom Inc. and the Icom logo are registered trademarks of Icom Incorporated (Japan) in Japan, the United States, the
United Kingdom, Germany, France, Spain, Russia and/or other countries.