3-Port Hub. USB82513 Datasheet
Automotive Grade USB 2.0 Hi-Speed 3-Port Hub
• High performance, low-power, small footprint hub
controller IC with 3 downstream ports
• Fully compliant with the USB 2.0 specification
• Enhanced OEM configuration options available
through either a single serial I2C™ EEPROM or
SMBus Slave Port
• MultiTRAK™ Technology
- High-performance multiple Transaction
Translator which provides one Transaction
Translator per port
- Flexible port mapping and port disable
- Programmable USB differential-pair pin loca-
tions ease PCB design by aligning USB sig-
nal traces directly to connectors
- Programmable USB transceiver drive
strength for recovering signal integrity due to
compromised system environment
• AEC-Q100 compliant
- Microchip’s parts are tested to meet or
exceed the requirements of the AEC-Q100
automotive qualification standards
• Automotive head unit
• Automotive breakout box
• Automotive media player dock
• Portable device charging via USB
• Rear seat infotainment access
• Full power management with individual or ganged
power control of each downstream port
• Integrated 1.8 V core regulator
• Fully integrated USB termination and pull-up/pull-
• On-board 24 MHz crystal driver, resonator, or
external 24 MHz clock input
• Customizable vendor ID, product ID, and device
• Easily configurable as a 2 or 3-Port Hub in com-
mon PCB layout
• 36-pin (6x6 mm2) QFN, RoHS compliant package
- Also available as dimple package
• Temperature range: -40ºC to +85ºC
2014 Microchip Technology Inc.
TO OUR VALUED CUSTOMERS
It is our intention to provide our valued customers with the best documentation possible to ensure successful use of your Microchip
products. To this end, we will continue to improve our publications to better suit your needs. Our publications will be refined and
enhanced as new volumes and updates are introduced.
If you have any questions or comments regarding this publication, please contact the Marketing Communications Department via
E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome your feedback.
Most Current Data Sheet
To obtain the most up-to-date version of this data sheet, please register at our Worldwide Web site at:
You can determine the version of a data sheet by examining its literature number found on the bottom outside corner of any page.
The last character of the literature number is the version number, (e.g., DS30000000A is version A of document DS30000000).
An errata sheet, describing minor operational differences from the data sheet and recommended workarounds, may exist for cur-
rent devices. As device/documentation issues become known to us, we will publish an errata sheet. The errata will specify the
revision of silicon and revision of document to which it applies.
To determine if an errata sheet exists for a particular device, please check with one of the following:
• Microchip’s Worldwide Web site; http://www.microchip.com
• Your local Microchip sales office (see last page)
When contacting a sales office, please specify which device, revision of silicon and data sheet (include -literature number) you are
Customer Notification System
Register on our web site at www.microchip.com to receive the most current information on all of our products.
2014 Microchip Technology Inc.