Ordering number : ENN6655
Monolithic Linear IC
Single-Chip Tuner IC
for Car Radios
The LA1787M integrates all six blocks required in a car radio tuner on a single chip.
• FM front end
• AM up-conversion
• FM IF
• FM/AM switch
• Noise canceller
• Improved noise reduction methods
— The FM front end provides excellent 3-signal characteristics equivalent to those of the LA1193M.
— Superlative listenability due to improved medium and weak field noise canceller characteristics.
— Improved separation characteristics
— Anti-birdie filter
— Improved AM and FM thermal characteristics
— Excellent FM signal meter linearity
— Modified N.C. circuit for improved noise rejection
• Improved AM adjacent channel interference characteristics (40 kHz)
• Double conversion AM tuner (up conversion) Reduces the number of external components required as compared to
earlier double conversion tuners, in particular, no crystal is required (when used in conjunction with the LC72144).
• Sample-to-sample variation reduction circuit built into the FM IF circuit.
(Fixed resistors are used for the SD, keyed AGC, mute on adjustment, ATT, SNC, and HCC functions.)
• Improved FM separation temperature characteristics
• The LA1787 inherits the block arrangement of the LA1780M and supports pin-compatible designs.
unit : mm (typ)
Mounted on a 40 x 80 x 1.3 mm
glass epoxy printed circuit board
Ambient temperature, Ta C
Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, 2011
72602RM (OT) No. 6655-1/54