Engine. DS002AKA Datasheet
Single-Panel Liquid Crystal Optical Engine for Rear Projectors Preliminary
For the availability of this product, please contact the sales office.
The DS002AKA is a single-panel liquid crystal
optical engine for use in rear projectors, capable of
full-color displays without color filters (CF).
Up/down and/or right/left inversion functions
accommodate various mounting methods.
Short projection distances are made possible
through the adoption of ultra-wide angle lenses. In
addition, a projection lens floating mechanism
delivers 27" to 55" projected images with minimal
A high intensity discharge (HID) lamp ensures high
luminance and low power consumption.
• The number of active dots: 576,000
• Horizontal resolution: 600 TV lines
• NTSC mode selectable (PAL mode also available through conversion of scanned dot numbers by an
• Up/down and/or right/left inverse display function
• Full-color display with CF-less projection system
• High luminouce flux: normally-white 120 ANSIlm (typ.)
• Ultra-wide angle lenses for short projection distances (646mm/40", at 4.5% overscanning)
• Image distortion correction floating mechanism to support 27" to 55"
• Relative illumination: 70% or above
• Uses HID lamp (100W)
• HID lamp
• Lamp driver (DC 300V input)
• High-efficiency illumination system employing glass rods
• Separate RGB illumination systems using dichroic mirrors (DM)
• LCD panel mounting mechanism, adjustable along XYθ axes
• LCD panel (LCX019AM)
1199.5 (H) × 480 (V) = 575,760 dots
• Wide fixed focal length lenses for enlarged projection of LCD
• Silent fans for cooling
Liquid crystal rear projection TV/monitor
Sony reserves the right to change products and specifications without prior notice. This information does not convey any license by
any implication or otherwise under any patents or other right. Application circuits shown, if any, are typical examples illustrating the
operation of the devices. Sony cannot assume responsibility for any problems arising out of the use of these circuits.
Explanation of Basic Operation
• Apply DC 300V to the lamp driver.
• Light emitted by the lamp is focused by an elliptical reflector on a glass rod integrator, and is rendered
homogeneous at the output end of the integrator.
• Light output from the integrator passes through a relay lens and collimator lens to become a collimated ray,
which is color-separated by a group of dichroic mirrors.
• The color-separated rays are focused on the respective RGB dots by microlenses mounted on the
LCX011AM, and distributed.
• After transmitting the panel, the light is enlarged and projected onto a screen by a projection lens.
For details of the LCD panel operation, please refer to the LCX019AM specifications.
Red: power supply
Yellow: sensor output
Positive (DC 300V)
Start control input (SCI)
@ 2014 :: Datasheetspdf.com ::|