Dual Inductor for Class D UA801x-AL
• Developed for Texas Instruments TPA3220, TPA3244 & TPA3245
• Dual inductors for use in Class D output filters
• A single shielded package contains both coils.
• Very low coupling coefficient (k<0.001) between the two inductors
• AEC-200 Grade 1 qualified (–40°C to +125°C ambient)
• Designed for 100 Watts into 4 Ohm load
Core material Ferrite
Terminations RoHS compliant tin-silver (96.5/3.5) over copper.
Weight 12.3 g
Ambient temperature –40°C to +125°C with Irms (40°C) current
Maximum part temperature +165°C (Ambient + temperature rise)
Storage temperature Component: –40°C to +165°C.
Tape and reel packaging: –40°C to +80°C
Resistance to soldering heat Max three 40 second reflows at
+260°C, parts cooled to room temperature between cycles
Moisture Sensitivity Level (MSL) 1 (unlimited floor life at <30°C /
85% relative humidity)
Failures in Time (FIT) / Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF)
38 per billion hours / 26,315,789 hours, calculated per Telcordia SR-332
Tape and reel packaging 150/13″ reel Plastic tape: 32 mm wide,
0.5 mm thick, 24 mm pocket spacing, 16.1 mm pocket depth
PCB washing Tested to MIL-STD-202 Method 215 plus an additional
aqueous wash. See Doc787_PCB_Washing.pdf.
DCR max3 SRF typ4
(MHz) 10% drop 20% drop 30% drop
6.6 40 12.0 12.5 13.2
8.7 9.1 9.4
8.7 9.1 9.4
20°C rise 40°C rise
1. When ordering, please specify packaging code:
Packaging: D = 13″ machine-ready reel. EIA-481 embossed plastic tape.
B = Less than full reel. In tape, but not machine ready.
To have a leader and trailer added ($25 charge), use code letter D instead.
2. Inductance measured at 100 kHz, 1.0 Vrms, 0 Adc using an Agilent/HP 4284A impedance analyzer.
3. DCR is for each winding, measured on a micro-ohmmeter.
4. SRF measured using Agilent/HP 8753D network analyzer.
5. DC current (typical) at which the inductance drops the specified amount from its value without current.
6. Current applied to windings at the same time that causes the specified temperature rise from 25°C ambient.
7. Electrical specifications at 25°C.
Refer to Doc 362 “Soldering Surface Mount Components” before soldering.
US +1-847-639-6400 firstname.lastname@example.org
UK +44-1236-730595 email@example.com
Taiwan +886-2-2264 3646 firstname.lastname@example.org
China +86-21-6218 8074 email@example.com
Singapore + 65-6484 8412 firstname.lastname@example.org
Document 1372-1 Revised 09/23/16
© Coilcraft Inc. 2018
This product may not be used in medical or high
risk applications without prior Coilcraft approval.
Specification subject to change without notice.
Please check web site for latest information.