INTERFACE CONTROLLER. ALR-1920-SDI Datasheet
PC, HDMI, DISPLAY PORT, SDI INTERFACE CONTROLLER
FOR TFT PANEL
Part number : 41728001X-3 or up
Page: 2. Introduction, How to Proceed, Usage Note, Disclaimer
3. System design – Diagram of a suggested system
4. Assembly notes – Important information about system elements
6. Connection & Operation – How to use the controller
10. Connectors, pinouts & jumpers – Essential connection information
19. Controller dimensions
20. Application notes
24. Appendix I – Mode Support Table
27. Appendix II – RS-232 control protocols
30. Appendix III – Mapping definition
32. Appendix IV – Auto Color Gain
33. Appendix V – DV remote control unit work for ALR-1920-SDI
34. Warranty, Caution & Limitation of Liability, Trademarks
35. Contact details
It is essential that these instructions are read and understood before connecting or
powering up this controller.
Designed for LCD monitor and other flat panel display applications, ALR-1920-SDI is the single board solution for
supporting ARGB, HDMI, Display Port, SDI input controller for driving the panel up to 1920x1200 resolution. This
controller is the combo version for ALR-1920 and HD-3000S. This product design for the monitor series :
¾ TFT (active matrix) LCDs with LVDS interface of 1920x1200, 1920x1080, 1680x1050, 1600x1200, 1400x1050,
1440x900, 1366x768, 1280x1024, 1280x800, 1280x768, 1024x768, 1024x600, 800x600, 800x480, 640x480, 480x640
¾ Support HDMI, VGA, Display port, SDI input
¾ Support ARGB signal up to WUXGA resolution.
¾ Support HDMI 1.3 input up to 1080p/WUXGA resolution.
¾ Support single-link Display Port 1.1a
¾ Support 1.5Gbits & 3Gbits bit rate SDI input signal support
¾ SDI re-clock loop through output.
¾ Support LVDS interface panel
HOW TO PROCEED
¾ Ensure you have all parts & that they are correct, refer to:
• Connection diagram (separate document for each panel)
• Connector reference (in following section)
• Assembly notes
¾ Check controller switch & jumper settings (errors may damage the panel)
¾ Prepare the PC
¾ Connect the parts
¾ Understand the operation and functions (in following section)
IMPORTANT USAGE NOTE
This product is for use by system developers and integrators, the manufacturer accepts no liability for damage or
injury caused by the use of this product. It is the responsibility of the developer, integrators or other user of this
¾ Ensure that all necessary and appropriate safety measures are taken.
¾ Obtain suitable regulatory approvals as may be required.
¾ Check power settings to all component parts before connection.
¾ Understand the operation and connectivity requirements of this controller.
There is no implied or expressed warranty regarding this material.
Page 2 of 35
A typical LCD based display system utilising this controller is likely to comprise the following:
1. LCD panel
2. LCD controller card, ALR-1920-SDI
3. LVDS cable (for connection with LVDS panel)
4. Inverter for backlight (if not built into LCD)
5. Inverter cable
6. OSD switch mount control
7. OSD controls cable
8. Optional Controller status LED1
9. Optional Backlight status LED2
10. Optional IR sensor
11. RS-232 control port
12. Analog VGA input
13. Display Port Input
14. HDMI input
15. SDI Input
16. SDI re-clock loop out
17. Audio Jack (Stereo) output from HDMI / Display Port / SDI
18. Audio output (Stereo) with amplication from HDMI / Display Port / SDI
19. SPDIF Audio output
20. Backlight status Input
21. Power input (12VDC)
Digital View offers a range of accessories such as listed above, to make up complete display solution.
Page 3 of 35