High-Performance Microcontrollers. PIC18F86J93 Datasheet
64/80-Pin, High-Performance Microcontrollers
with LCD Driver, 12-Bit A/D
and nanoWatt Technology
© 2009 Microchip Technology Inc.
Note the following details of the code protection feature on Microchip devices:
• Microchip products meet the specification contained in their particular Microchip Data Sheet.
• Microchip believes that its family of products is one of the most secure families of its kind on the market today, when used in the
intended manner and under normal conditions.
• There are dishonest and possibly illegal methods used to breach the code protection feature. All of these methods, to our
knowledge, require using the Microchip products in a manner outside the operating specifications contained in Microchip’s Data
Sheets. Most likely, the person doing so is engaged in theft of intellectual property.
• Microchip is willing to work with the customer who is concerned about the integrity of their code.
• Neither Microchip nor any other semiconductor manufacturer can guarantee the security of their code. Code protection does not
mean that we are guaranteeing the product as “unbreakable.”
Code protection is constantly evolving. We at Microchip are committed to continuously improving the code protection features of our
products. Attempts to break Microchip’s code protection feature may be a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. If such acts
allow unauthorized access to your software or other copyrighted work, you may have a right to sue for relief under that Act.
Information contained in this publication regarding device
applications and the like is provided only for your convenience
and may be superseded by updates. It is your responsibility to
ensure that your application meets with your specifications.
MICROCHIP MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR
WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHETHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, WRITTEN OR ORAL, STATUTORY OR
OTHERWISE, RELATED TO THE INFORMATION,
INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ITS CONDITION,
QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, MERCHANTABILITY OR
FITNESS FOR PURPOSE. Microchip disclaims all liability
arising from this information and its use. Use of Microchip
devices in life support and/or safety applications is entirely at
the buyer’s risk, and the buyer agrees to defend, indemnify and
hold harmless Microchip from any and all damages, claims,
suits, or expenses resulting from such use. No licenses are
conveyed, implicitly or otherwise, under any Microchip
intellectual property rights.
The Microchip name and logo, the Microchip logo, dsPIC,
KEELOQ, KEELOQ logo, MPLAB, PIC, PICmicro, PICSTART,
rfPIC and UNI/O are registered trademarks of Microchip
Technology Incorporated in the U.S.A. and other countries.
FilterLab, Hampshire, HI-TECH C, Linear Active Thermistor,
MXDEV, MXLAB, SEEVAL and The Embedded Control
Solutions Company are registered trademarks of Microchip
Technology Incorporated in the U.S.A.
Analog-for-the-Digital Age, Application Maestro, CodeGuard,
dsPICDEM, dsPICDEM.net, dsPICworks, dsSPEAK, ECAN,
ECONOMONITOR, FanSense, HI-TIDE, In-Circuit Serial
Programming, ICSP, ICEPIC, Mindi, MiWi, MPASM, MPLAB
Certified logo, MPLIB, MPLINK, mTouch, nanoWatt XLP,
Omniscient Code Generation, PICC, PICC-18, PICkit,
PICDEM, PICDEM.net, PICtail, PIC32 logo, REAL ICE, rfLAB,
Select Mode, Total Endurance, TSHARC, WiperLock and
ZENA are trademarks of Microchip Technology Incorporated
in the U.S.A. and other countries.
SQTP is a service mark of Microchip Technology Incorporated
in the U.S.A.
All other trademarks mentioned herein are property of their
© 2009, Microchip Technology Incorporated, Printed in the
U.S.A., All Rights Reserved.
Printed on recycled paper.
Microchip received ISO/TS-16949:2002 certification for its worldwide
headquarters, design and wafer fabrication facilities in Chandler and
Tempe, Arizona; Gresham, Oregon and design centers in California
and India. The Company’s quality system processes and procedures
are for its PIC® MCUs and dsPIC® DSCs, KEELOQ® code hopping
devices, Serial EEPROMs, microperipherals, nonvolatile memory and
analog products. In addition, Microchip’s quality system for the design
and manufacture of development systems is ISO 9001:2000 certified.
© 2009 Microchip Technology Inc.
64/80-Pin, High-Performance Microcontrollers with
LCD Driver, 12-Bit A/D and nanoWatt Technology
LCD Driver and Keypad Interface
• Direct LCD Panel Drive Capability:
- Can drive LCD panel while in Sleep mode
• Up to 48 Segments and 192 Pixels, Software
• Programmable LCD Timing module:
- Multiple LCD timing sources available
- Up to four commons: static, 1/2, 1/3 or
- Static, 1/2 or 1/3 bias configuration
• On-Chip LCD Boost Voltage Regulator for
• Charge Time Measurement Unit (CTMU) for
Capacitive Touch Sensing
• ADC for Resistive Touch Sensing
• Power-Managed modes:
- Run: CPU On, Peripherals On
- Idle: CPU Off, Peripherals On
- Sleep: CPU Off, Peripherals Off
• Two-Speed Oscillator Start-up
Flexible Oscillator Structure:
• Two Crystal modes, 4-25 MHz
• Two External Clock modes, up to 48 MHz
• 4x Phase Lock Loop (PLL)
• Internal Oscillator Block with PLL:
- Eight user-selectable frequencies from
31.25 kHz to 8 MHz
• Secondary Oscillator using Timer1 at 32 kHz
• Fail-Safe Clock Monitor (FSCM):
- Allows for safe shutdown if peripheral clock fails
• High-Current Sink/Source 25 mA/25 mA
(PORTB and PORTC)
• Up to Four External Interrupts
• Four 8-Bit/16-Bit Timer/Counter modules
• Two Capture/Compare/PWM (CCP) modules
• Master Synchronous Serial Port (MSSP) module
with Two Modes of Operation:
- 3-Wire/4-Wire SPI (supports all four SPI modes)
- I2C™ Master and Slave mode
• One Addressable USART module
• One Enhanced Addressable USART module:
- LIN/J2602 support
- Auto-wake-up on Start bit and Break character
- Auto-Baud Detect (ABD)
• 12-Bit, up to 12-Channel A/D Converter:
- Conversion available during Sleep
• Two Analog Comparators
• Programmable Reference Voltage for Comparators
• Hardware Real-Time Clock and Calendar (RTCC)
with Clock, Calendar and Alarm Functions
• Charge Time Measurement Unit (CTMU):
- Capacitance measurement
- Time measurement with 1 ns typical resolution
This document is supplemented by the
“PIC18F87J90 Family Data Sheet”
(DS39933). See Section 1.0 “Device
PIC18F66J93 64K 3,923 51 132 1/3 2 Yes Yes 1/1 12 2 Yes Yes Yes
PIC18F67J93 128K 3,923 51 132 1/3 2 Yes Yes 1/1 12 2 Yes Yes Yes
PIC18F86J93 64K 3,923 67 192 1/3 2 Yes Yes 1/1 12 2 Yes Yes Yes
PIC18F87J93 128K 3,923 67 192 1/3 2 Yes Yes 1/1 12 2 Yes Yes Yes
© 2009 Microchip Technology Inc.