Programmable electronic power breaker for 12 V bus
Maturity status link
• Real-time input power sensing
• Input voltage range: from 10.5 V to 18 V
• Continuous current typ.: 1.5 A
• P-channel on resistance typ.: 50 mΩ
• Power limit accuracy typ.: 3%
• Undervoltage lockout
• Adjustable power limitation
• PWM mode
• Programmable power limit masking time
• Programmable auto-retry delay
• Thermal shutdown
• Enable function
• Short-circuit current limit
• Operative junction temp. - 40 °C to 125 °C
• Available in power SO8 package
• Simplifies UL compliance and certification
• White goods
• Consumer electronics
• Industrial applications
• Air contidioner
• User interface
• Fan motor control
The STPW12 is an integrated electronic power breaker, optimized to monitor the
Connected in series to the power rail, it is able to disconnect the electronic circuitry
on its output if the power consumption overcomes the programmed limit. When this
happens, the device automatically opens the integrated power switch and
disconnects the load.
The intervention of the protection is communicated to the board monitoring circuits
through a signal on the fault pin.
After a certain delay time, programmable by the user, the device automatically tries
again to close the internal switch and re-connect the load.
A dedicated monitor pin provides the user with continuous information on the
The device can be enabled/disabled through a dedicated pin, and a direct PWM
mode can be implemented providing PWM pin with an external signal.
DS12478 - Rev 1 - March 2018
For further information contact your local STMicroelectronics sales office.