Voltage Variable Absorptive Attenuator
12 dB, DC - 2.0 GHz
• Attenuation: 12 dB at 1 GHz
• Low Intermodulation Products
• Low DC Power Consumption: 50 μW
• Single Voltage Control: 0 to -4 Volts
• Nanosecond Switching Speed
• Temperature Range: -40°C to +85°C
• SOT-143 Plastic Package
• Tape and Reel Packaging Available
M/A-COM’s AT-259 is a GaAs MMIC voltage
variable absorptive attenuator in a low cost SOT-143
4-Lead surface mount plastic package. The AT-259
is ideally suited for use where attenuation fine
tuning, fast switching and very low power
consumption are required.
Typical applications include radio, cellular, GPS
equipment and other automatic gain/level control
The AT-259 is fabricated with a monolithic GaAs
MMIC using a mature 1 micron process. The
process features full chip passivation for increased
performance and reliability.
Ordering Information 1,2
Forward Tape and Reel
1. Reference Application Note M513 for reel size information.
2. All sample boards include 5 loose parts.
Absolute Maximum Ratings 3
-40°C to +85°C
-65°C to +150°C
3. Exceeding any one or combination of these limits may
cause permanent damage to this device.
Reference Application Note M538 for lead-free solder reflow recommendations.
Meets JEDEC moisture sensitivity level 1 requirements.
ADVANCED: Data Sheets contain information regarding a product M/A-COM Technology Solutions • North America Tel: 800.366.2266 / Fax: 978.366.2266
is considering for development. Performance is based on target specifications, simulated results,
and/or prototype measurements. Commitment to develop is not guaranteed.
PRELIMINARY: Data Sheets contain information regarding a product M/A-COM Technology
Solutions has under development. Performance is based on engineering tests. Specifications are
• Europe Tel: 44.1908.574.200 / Fax: 44.1908.574.300
• Asia/Pacific Tel: 81.44.844.8296 / Fax: 81.44.844.8298
Visit www.macomtech.com for additional data sheets and product information.
typical. Mechanical outline has been fixed. Engineering samples and/or test data may be available. M/A-COM Technology Solutions Inc. and its affiliates reserve the right to make
Commitment to produce in volume is not guaranteed.
changes to the product(s) or information contained herein without notice.