LOW-DROPOUT REGULATOR. TPS7A6333-Q1 Datasheet
SLVSAB1C – JUNE 2011 – REVISED MARCH 2012
300-mA 40-V LOW-DROPOUT REGULATOR
WITH ULTRA-LOW Iq
Check for Samples: TPS7A6301-Q1, TPS7A6333-Q1, TPS7A6350-Q1, TPS7A6401-Q1
• Low Dropout Voltage
– 300mV at IOUT = 150mA
• 4-V to 40-V Wide Input Voltage Range
With up to 45-V Transients
• 300-mA Maximum Output Current
• Ultra Low Quiescent Current
– IQUIESCENT = 35 µA (Typ) at Light Loads
– ISLEEP < 2µA when EN = Low
• Fixed (3.3V and 5V) and
Adjustable (2.5V to 7V) Output Voltages
• Integrated Watchdog with Fault/Flag
• Stable with Low-ESR Ceramic Output
• Integrated Power-On Reset
– Programmable Delay
– Open-Drain Reset Output
• Integrated Fault Protection
– Short-Circuit/Over-Current Protection
– Thermal Shutdown
• Low Input Voltage Tracking
• Thermally Enhanced 14-pin TSSOP - PWP
Package and 10-pin VSON - DRK Package
• Qualified for Automotive Applications
• Infotainment Systems with Sleep Mode
• Body Control Modules
• Always ON Battery Applications
– Gateway Applications
– Remote Keyless Entry Systems
The TPS7A63xx/TPS7A6401 is a series of low
dropout linear voltage regulators designed for low
power consumption and quiescent current less than
35 µA in light load applications. These devices
feature an integrated programmable window
watchdog, over-current protection and are designed
to achieve stable operation even with a low-ESR
ceramic output capacitor. The output voltage can be
programmed using external resistors. Low voltage
tracking feature allows for a smaller input capacitor
and can possibly eliminate the need of using a boost
converter during cold crank conditions. The Power-
On Reset delay is fixed (250 µs typical), and can also
be programmed by an external capacitor. Because of
such features, these devices are well suited in power
supplies for various automotive applications.
TYPICAL APPLICATION SCHEMATIC
EN nWD_EN WD
Figure 1. Fixed Output Voltage Option
Figure 2. Adjustable Output Voltage Option
Please be aware that an important notice concerning availability, standard warranty, and use in critical applications of
Texas Instruments semiconductor products and disclaimers thereto appears at the end of this data sheet.
PRODUCTION DATA information is current as of publication date.
Products conform to specifications per the terms of the Texas
Instruments standard warranty. Production processing does not
necessarily include testing of all parameters.
Copyright © 2011–2012, Texas Instruments Incorporated
SLVSAB1C – JUNE 2011 – REVISED MARCH 2012
This integrated circuit can be damaged by ESD. Texas Instruments recommends that all integrated circuits be handled with
appropriate precautions. Failure to observe proper handling and installation procedures can cause damage.
ESD damage can range from subtle performance degradation to complete device failure. Precision integrated circuits may be more
susceptible to damage because very small parametric changes could cause the device not to meet its published specifications.
ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM RATINGS(1)
over operating free-air temperature range (unless otherwise noted)
1.1 VIN, VEN
Sense voltage for error amplifier(2)
Constant voltage reference(2)
Watchdog inputs and outputs(2)
Open drain reset output(2)
Reset delay timer output(2)
Thermal impedance junction to exposed pad TSSOP-PWP package
Thermal impedance junction to exposed pad VSON-DRK package
Thermal impedance junction to ambient TSSOP-PWP package(4)
Thermal impedance junction to ambient VSON-DRK package(4)
Operating ambient temperature
Storage temperature range
-65 to +150
(1) Stresses beyond those listed under absolute maximum ratings may cause permanent damage to the device. These are stress ratings
only, and functional operation of the device at these or any other conditions beyond those indicated under recommended operating
conditions is not implied. Exposure to absolute-maximum-rated conditions for extended periods may affect device reliability. All voltage
values are with respect to GND.
(2) Absolute negative voltage on these pins not to go below –0.3V.
(3) Absolute maximum voltage for duration less than 480ms.
(4) The thermal data is based on JEDEC standard high K profile – JESD 51-5. The copper pad is soldered to the thermal land pattern. Also
correct attachment procedure needs to be incorporated.
(5) The human body model is a 100pF capacitor discharged through a 1.5kΩ resistor into each pin.
2 Copyright © 2011–2012, Texas Instruments Incorporated