MKL16Z256VLH4 Microcontroller Datasheet
48MHz Cortex-M0+ Based Microcontroller
|Total Page||30 Pages|
Freescale Semiconductor, Inc.
Data Sheet: Technical Data
Document Number: KL16P64M48SF4
Rev 5 08/2014
Kinetis KL16 Sub-Family
48 MHz Cortex-M0+ Based Microcontroller
Designed with efficiency in mind. Compatible with all other
Kinetis L families as well as Kinetis K1x family. General purpose
MCU featuring market leading ultra low-power to provide
developers an appropriate entry-level 32-bit solution.
This product offers:
• Run power consumption down to 50 μA/MHz in very low
power run mode
• Static power consumption down to 2 μA with full state
retention and 4.5 μs wakeup
64-pin LQFP (LH) 64-pin MAPBGA (MP)
10 x 10 x 1.4 Pitch 0.5 5 x 5 x 1.23 Pitch 0.5
• Ultra-efficient Cortex-M0+ processor running up to 48 MHz
with industry leading throughput
• Memory option is up to 256 KB flash and 32 KB RAM
• Energy-saving architecture is optimized for low power with
90nm TFS technology, clock and power gating techniques, and zero wait state flash memory controller
• 48 MHz ARM® Cortex®-M0+ core
Memories and memory interfaces
• Up to 256 KB program flash memory
• Up to 32 KB SRAM
• Nine low-power modes to provide power optimization
based on application requirements
• COP Software watchdog
• 4-channel DMA controller, supporting up to 63 request
• Low-leakage wakeup unit
• SWD debug interface and Micro Trace Buffer
• Bit Manipulation Engine
• Low-power hardware touch sensor interface (TSI)
• Up to 54 general-purpose input/output (GPIO)
• Two 16-bit SPI modules
• I2S (SAI) module
• One low power UART module
• Two UART modules
• Two I2C module
• 16-bit SAR ADC
• 12-bit DAC
• Analog comparator (CMP) containing a 6-bit DAC
and programmable reference input
• 32 kHz to 40 kHz or 3 MHz to 32 MHz crystal oscillator
• Multi-purpose clock source
• Six channel Timer/PWM (TPM)
• Two 2-channel Timer/PWM modules
• Periodic interrupt timers
• 16-bit low-power timer (LPTMR)
• Voltage range: 1.71 to 3.6 V
• Real time clock
• Flash write voltage range: 1.71 to 3.6 V
• Temperature range (ambient): -40 to 105°C
Security and integrity modules
• 80-bit unique identification number per chip
Freescale reserves the right to change the detail specifications as may be required to
permit improvements in the design of its products. © 2012–2014 Freescale
Semiconductor, Inc. All rights reserved.
Ordering Information 1
Maximum number of I\O's
1. To confirm current availability of ordererable part numbers, go to http://www.freescale.com and perform a part number
Selector Guide The Freescale Solution Advisor is a web-based tool that features
interactive application wizards and a dynamic product selector.
The Reference Manual contains a comprehensive description of
the structure and function (operation) of a device.
The Data Sheet includes electrical characteristics and signal
The chip mask set Errata provides additional or corrective
information for a particular device mask set.
Package dimensions are provided in package drawings.
LQFP 64-pin: 98ASS23234W1
MAPBGA 64-pin: 98ASA00420D1
1. To find the associated resource, go to http://www.freescale.com and perform a search using this term.
2. To find the associated resource, go to http://www.freescale.com and perform a search using this term with the “x”
replaced by the revision of the device you are using.
Freescale Semiconductor, Inc.
Kinetis KL16 Sub-Family, Rev5 08/2014.
|Features||Freescale Semiconductor, Inc. Data Sheet : Technical Data Document Number: KL16 P64M48SF4 Rev 5 08/2014 Kinetis KL16 S ub-Family 48 MHz Cortex-M0+ Based Micro controller MKL16Z256VLH4 MKL16Z256VMP4 Designed with efficiency in mind. Com patible with all other Kinetis L famili es as well as Kinetis K1x family. Gener al purpose MCU featuring market leading ultra low-power to provide developers an appropriate entry-level 32-bit solut ion. This product offers: • Run powe r consumption down to 50 μA/MHz in ver y low power run mode • Static power consumption down to 2 μA with full sta te retention and 4.5 μs wakeup 64-pin LQFP (LH) 64-pin MAPBGA (MP) 10 x 10 x 1.4 Pitch 0.5 5 x 5 x 1.23 Pitch 0.5 m m mm • Ultra-efficient Cortex-M0+ pr ocessor running up to 48 MHz with indu stry leading throughput • Memory opt ion is up to 256 KB flash and 32 KB RAM • Energy-saving architecture is opt imized for low power with 90nm TFS tec hnology, clock and power gating techniques, and zero wait state flash memory.|
|Keywords||MKL16Z256VLH4, datasheet, pdf, NXP, 48MHz, Cortex-M0+, Based, Microcontroller, KL16Z256VLH4, L16Z256VLH4, 16Z256VLH4, MKL16Z256VLH, MKL16Z256VL, MKL16Z256V, Equivalent, stock, pinout, distributor, price, schematic, inventory, databook, Electronic, Components, Parameters, parts, cross reference, chip, Semiconductor, circuit, Electric, manual, substitute|