Recovery Diode. MH2201WZ Datasheet
1200V 25A Fast Recovery Diode
Max. Possible Chips per Wafer
1) Light Punch Through Type
2) Low Forward Voltage
3) Very Fast & Soft Recovery
4) Low Recovery Loss
lAbsolute Maximum Ratings
Repetitive Peak Reverse Voltage, Tj = 25°C
Pulsed Forward Current
Operating Junction Temperature
*1 Depending on thermal properties of assembly
*2 Pulse width limited by Tjmax.
-40 to +175
lElectrical Characteristics (at Tj = 25°C unless otherwise specified, in case of TO-247N package)
Min. Typ. Max.
BV IR = 10μA
IR VR = 1200V
IF = 25A,
VF*3 Tj = 25°C
Tj = 175°C
*3 Design assurance without measurement
- - 10 μA
- 1.65 2.1 V
- 1.85 -
© 2019 ROHM Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.
2019.08 - Rev.A
Unit : μm
: Pad Area
① : Anode Bonding Pad
Backside : Cathode
Cut Line Width
Top Side Metallization
Back Side Metallization Ti/Ni:0.4μm/Au:0.05μm
lFurther Electrical Characteristics
Switching characteristics and thermal properties are depending strongly on module design
and mounting technology and can therefore not be specified for a bare die.
This chip data sheet refers to the device data sheet
© 2019 ROHM Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.
2019.08 - Rev.A
Precaution on using ROHM Products
1. Our Products are designed and manufactured for application in ordinary electronic equipment (such as AV equipment,
OA equipment, telecommunication equipment, home electronic appliances, amusement equipment, etc.). If you
intend to use our Products in devices requiring extremely high reliability (such as medical equipment (Note 1), transport
equipment, traffic equipment, aircraft/spacecraft, nuclear power controllers, fuel controllers, car equipment including car
accessories, safety devices, etc.) and whose malfunction or failure may cause loss of human life, bodily injury or
serious damage to property (“Specific Applications”), please consult with the ROHM sales representative in advance.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing by ROHM in advance, ROHM shall not be in any way responsible or liable for any
damages, expenses or losses incurred by you or third parties arising from the use of any ROHM’s Products for Specific
(Note1) Medical Equipment Classification of the Specific Applications
2. ROHM designs and manufactures its Products subject to strict quality control system. However, semiconductor
products can fail or malfunction at a certain rate. Please be sure to implement, at your own responsibilities, adequate
safety measures including but not limited to fail-safe design against the physical injury, damage to any property, which
a failure or malfunction of our Products may cause. The following are examples of safety measures:
[a] Installation of protection circuits or other protective devices to improve system safety
[b] Installation of redundant circuits to reduce the impact of single or multiple circuit failure
3. Our Products are designed and manufactured for use under standard conditions and not under any special or
extraordinary environments or conditions, as exemplified below. Accordingly, ROHM shall not be in any way
responsible or liable for any damages, expenses or losses arising from the use of any ROHM’s Products under any
special or extraordinary environments or conditions. If you intend to use our Products under any special or
extraordinary environments or conditions (as exemplified below), your independent verification and confirmation of
product performance, reliability, etc, prior to use, must be necessary:
[a] Use of our Products in any types of liquid, including water, oils, chemicals, and organic solvents
[b] Use of our Products outdoors or in places where the Products are exposed to direct sunlight or dust
[c] Use of our Products in places where the Products are exposed to sea wind or corrosive gases, including Cl2,
H2S, NH3, SO2, and NO2
[d] Use of our Products in places where the Products are exposed to static electricity or electromagnetic waves
[e] Use of our Products in proximity to heat-producing components, plastic cords, or other flammable items
[f] Sealing or coating our Products with resin or other coating materials
[g] Use of our Products without cleaning residue of flux (Exclude cases where no-clean type fluxes is used.
However, recommend sufficiently about the residue.) ; or Washing our Products by using water or water-soluble
cleaning agents for cleaning residue after soldering
[h] Use of the Products in places subject to dew condensation
4. The Products are not subject to radiation-proof design.
5. Please verify and confirm characteristics of the final or mounted products in using the Products.
6. In particular, if a transient load (a large amount of load applied in a short period of time, such as pulse, is applied,
confirmation of performance characteristics after on-board mounting is strongly recommended. Avoid applying power
exceeding normal rated power; exceeding the power rating under steady-state loading condition may negatively affect
product performance and reliability.
7. De-rate Power Dissipation depending on ambient temperature. When used in sealed area, confirm that it is the use in
the range that does not exceed the maximum junction temperature.
8. Confirm that operation temperature is within the specified range described in the product specification.
9. ROHM shall not be in any way responsible or liable for failure induced under deviant condition from what is defined in
Precaution for Mounting / Circuit board design
1. When a highly active halogenous (chlorine, bromine, etc.) flux is used, the residue of flux may negatively affect product
performance and reliability.
2. In principle, the reflow soldering method must be used on a surface-mount products, the flow soldering method must
be used on a through hole mount products. If the flow soldering method is preferred on a surface-mount products,
please consult with the ROHM representative in advance.
For details, please refer to ROHM Mounting specification
© 2015 ROHM Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.