RF Driver Amplifier
250 - 4000 MHz
• Output Intercept Point of +40 dBm over a 20 dB
Input Power Range
• Broadband Operation
• Excellent ACPR performance
• Lead-Free SOT-89 Package
• 100% Matte Tin Plating over Copper
• Halogen-Free “Green” Mold Compound
• RoHS* Compliant and 260°C Reflow Compatible
M/A-COM’s MAAMSS0048 RF driver amplifier is a
GaAs MMIC which exhibits exceptional linearity
performance over a dynamic range greater than 20
dB, as well as high gain in a lead-free miniature
SOT-89 surface mount plastic package. The device
runs off a single +5 volt supply and draws 160 mA
The MAAMSS0048 is fabricated using an HBT
process to realize low current and high linearity. The
process features full passivation for increased
performance and reliability.
Ordering Information 1
900 MHz Configuration
1900 MHz Configuration
2150 MHz Configuration
3000 piece reel
1. Reference Application Note M513 for reel size information.
RF Out / Bias
Maximum Operating Conditions 2
Junction Temperature 3
RF Output Power
-40°C to +85°C
2. Operating at or within these conditions will ensure MTTF > 1 x
3. Typical thermal resistance (Өjc) = 80°C/W.
Absolute Maximum Ratings 4,5
RF Output Power
-65°C to +150°C
4. Exceeding any one or combination of these limits may cause
permanent damage to this device.
5. M/A-COM does not recommend sustained operation near
these survivability limits.
* Restrictions on Hazardous Substances, European Union Directive 2002/95/EC.
M/A-COM Inc. and its affiliates reserve the right to make changes to the
product(s) or information contained herein without notice. M/A-COM makes
no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the suitability of its
products for any particular purpose, nor does M/A-COM assume any liability
whatsoever arising out of the use or application of any product(s) or
• North America Tel: 800.366.2266 / Fax: 978.366.2266
• Europe Tel: 44.1908.574.200 / Fax: 44.1908.574.300
• Asia/Pacific Tel: 81.44.844.8296 / Fax: 81.44.844.8298
Visit www.macom.com for additional data sheets and product information.