Photo-Triac. TLP361JF Datasheet
TOSHIBA Photocoupler GaAs Ired & Photo-Triac
Solid State Relays
Unit in mm
The TOSHIBA TLP361JF consists of a zero-voltage-crossing turn-on
photo-triac optically coupled to a gallium-arsenide infrared-emitting diode in
a four-lead plastic DIP package.
Absolute maximum ratings and electrical characteristics are the same
as those given in the TLP361J technical data sheets.
• Peak off-state voltage: 600 V (min)
• Trigger LED current: 10 mA (max)
• On-state current: 100 mA (max)
• Isolation voltage: 5000 Vrms (min)
•Zero crossing function
•UL recognized: UL1577, file No. E67349
•Option (D4) type
Weight: 0.26 g
TÜV approved: DIN EN60747-5-2
Certificate No. R50033433
Maximum operating insulation voltage : 1140 Vpk
Maximum permissible overvoltage
: 8000 Vpk
(Note) When an EN60747-5-2 approved type is needed, please designate “Option (D4).”
•Construction mechanical rating
10.16 mm pitch
8.0 mm (min)
8.0 mm (min)
0.4 mm (min)
•Trigger LED current
Trigger LED current (mA)
VT = 3 V, Ta = 25°C
Pin Configuration (top view)
1 4 1: ANODE
*Example: “(IFT7)”; “TLP361JF(IFT7)”
(Note) When specifying the application type name for certification testing, be sure to use the standard product
type name, e.g.,
RESTRICTIONS ON PRODUCT USE
• The information contained herein is subject to change without notice.
• TOSHIBA is continually working to improve the quality and reliability of its products. Nevertheless, semiconductor
devices in general can malfunction or fail due to their inherent electrical sensitivity and vulnerability to physical
stress. It is the responsibility of the buyer, when utilizing TOSHIBA products, to comply with the standards of
safety in making a safe design for the entire system, and to avoid situations in which a malfunction or failure of
such TOSHIBA products could cause loss of human life, bodily injury or damage to property.
In developing your designs, please ensure that TOSHIBA products are used within specified operating ranges as
set forth in the most recent TOSHIBA products specifications. Also, please keep in mind the precautions and
conditions set forth in the “Handling Guide for Semiconductor Devices,” or “TOSHIBA Semiconductor Reliability
• The TOSHIBA products listed in this document are intended for usage in general electronics applications
(computer, personal equipment, office equipment, measuring equipment, industrial robotics, domestic appliances,
etc.).These TOSHIBA products are neither intended nor warranted for usage in equipment that requires
extraordinarily high quality and/or reliability or a malfunction or failure of which may cause loss of human life or
bodily injury (“Unintended Usage”). Unintended Usage include atomic energy control instruments, airplane or
spaceship instruments, transportation instruments, traffic signal instruments, combustion control instruments,
medical instruments, all types of safety devices, etc.. Unintended Usage of TOSHIBA products listed in his
document shall be made at the customer’s own risk.
• The products described in this document shall not be used or embedded to any downstream products of which
manufacture, use and/or sale are prohibited under any applicable laws and regulations.
• The information contained herein is presented only as a guide for the applications of our products. No
responsibility is assumed by TOSHIBA for any infringements of patents or other rights of the third parties which
may result from its use. No license is granted by implication or otherwise under any patents or other rights of
TOSHIBA or the third parties.
• GaAs(Gallium Arsenide) is used in this product. The dust or vapor is harmful to the human body. Do not break,
cut, crush or dissolve chemically.
• Please contact your sales representative for product-by-product details in this document regarding RoHS
compatibility. Please use these products in this document in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
that regulate the inclusion or use of controlled substances. Toshiba assumes no liability for damage or losses
occurring as a result of noncompliance with applicable laws and regulations.