MOS INTEGRATED CIRCUIT
7400 PIXELS CCD LINEAR IMAGE SENSOR
The µ PD8670A is a high sensitive and high-speed CCD (Charge Coupled Device) linear image sensor which changes
optical images to electrical signal.
The µ PD8670A is a 2-output type CCD sensor with 2 rows of high-speed charge transfer register, which transfers the
photo signal electrons of 7400 pixels separately in odd and even pixels. And it has reset feed-through level clamp circuits
and voltage amplifiers. Therefore, it is suitable for 600 dpi/A3 high-speed digital copiers, multi-function products and so on.
• Valid photocell : 7400 pixels
• Photocell pitch : 4.7 µ m
• Photocell size : 4.7 × 4.7 µ m2
: 24 dot/mm (600 dpi) A3 (297 × 420 mm) size (shorter side)
• Data rate
: 44 MHz MAX. (22 MHz/1 output)
• Output type
: 2 outputs in-phase operation, and out of phase also supported
• High sensitivity : 17.0 V/lx•s TYP. (Light source: Daylight color fluorescent lamp)
• Peak response wavelength : 550 nm (green)
• Low image lag : 1 % MAX.
• Drive clock level : CMOS output under +5 V operation
• Power supply : +12 V
• On-chip circuits : Reset feed-through level clamp circuits
: Voltage amplifiers
CCD linear image sensor 32-pin plastic DIP (10.16 mm (400))
The information in this document is subject to change without notice. Before using this document, please
confirm that this is the latest version.
Not all products and/or types are available in every country. Please check with an NEC Electronics
sales representative for availability and additional information.
Document No. S17147EJ1V0DS00 (1st edition)
Date Published August 2004 NS CP (K)
Printed in Japan