LNK603 CV/CC Switcher Datasheet
Accurate CV/CC Switcher
|Total Page||18 Pages|
Energy-Efficient, Accurate CV/CC Switcher
for Adapters and Chargers
Dramatically Simplifies CV/CC Converters
• Eliminates optocoupler and all secondary CV/CC control circuitry
• Eliminates all control loop compensation circuitry
Advanced Performance Features
• Compensates for transformer inductance tolerances
• Compensates for input line voltage variations
• Compensates for cable voltage drop (LNK61X series)
• Compensates for external component temperature variations
• Very tight IC parameter tolerances using proprietary trimming
• Frequency jittering greatly reduces EMI filter cost
• Even tighter output tolerances achievable with external resistor
• Programmable switching frequency up to 85 kHz to reduce trans-
Advanced Protection/Safety Features
• Auto-restart protection reduces power delivered by >95% for output
short-circuit and control loop faults (open and shorted components)
• Hysteretic thermal shutdown – automatic recovery reduces power
supply returns from the field
• Meets high-voltage creepage requirements between DRAIN and all
other pins both on the PCB and at the package
EcoSmart™– Energy Efficient
• Easily meets all global energy efficiency regulations
• No-load consumption below 30 mW at 230 VAC with optional
external bias winding
• ON/OFF control provides constant efficiency down to very light loads
– ideal for CEC and ENERGY STAR 2.0 regulations
• No current sense resistors – maximizes efficiency
• Halogen free and RoHS compliant package
• Chargers for cell/cordless phones, PDAs, MP3/portable audio
devices, adapters, LED drivers, etc.
The LinkSwitch™-II dramatically simplifies low power CV/CC charger
designs by eliminating an optocoupler and secondary control circuitry.
The device introduces a revolutionary control technique to provide very
tight output voltage and current regulation, compensating for transformer
and internal parameter tolerances along with input voltage variations.
The device incorporates a 700 V power MOSFET, a novel ON/OFF control
state machine, a high-voltage switched current source for self biasing,
frequency jittering, cycle-by-cycle current limit and hysteretic thermal
shutdown circuitry onto a monolithic IC.
(a) Typical Application Schematic
(b) Output Characteristic
Figure 1. Typical Application/Performance – Not a Simplified Circuit (a) and
Output Characteristic Envelope (b). (see Application Section for
Output Power Table
Table 1. Output Power Table.
1. Minimum continuous power in a typical non-ventilated enclosed adapter
measured at +50 °C ambient, device, TJ <100 °C.
2. Maximum practical continuous power in an open frame design with adequate
heat sinking, measured at 50 °C ambient (see Key Applications Consider-
ations section for more information).
3. Packages: P: DIP-8C, G: SMD-8C, D: SO-8C.
DIP-8C (P Package) SMD-8C (G Package)
Figure 2. Package Options.
This Product is Covered by Patents and/or Pending Patent Applications.
SO-8C (D Package).
Figure 3. Functional Block Diagram.
Pin Functional Description
DRAIN (D) Pin:
This pin is the power MOSFET drain connection. It provides internal
operating current for both start-up and steady-state operation.
BYPASS/MULTI-FUNCTIONAL PROGRAMMABLE (BP/M) Pin:
This pin has multiple functions:
1. It is the connection point for an external bypass capacitor for the
internally generated 6 V supply.
2. It is a mode selection for the cable drop compensation for
FEEDBACK (FB) Pin:
During normal operation, switching of the power MOSFET is controlled
by this pin. This pin senses the AC voltage on the bias winding. This
control input regulates both the output voltage in CV mode and output
current in CC mode based on the flyback voltage of the bias winding.
The internal inductance correction circuit uses the forward voltage on
the bias winding to sense the bulk capacitor voltage.
SOURCE (S) Pin:
This pin is internally connected to the output MOSFET source for
high-voltage power and control circuit common returns.
P Package (DIP-8C)
G Package (SMD-8C)
D Package (SO-8C)
Figure 4. Pin Configuration.
Rev. J 08/16
|Features||LNK603-606/613-616 LinkSwitch-II Family Energy-Efficient, Accurate CV/CC Switch er for Adapters and Chargers Product H ighlights Dramatically Simplifies CV/CC Converters • Eliminates optocoupler and all secondary CV/CC control circui try • Eliminates all control loop co mpensation circuitry Advanced Performan ce Features • Compensates for transf ormer inductance tolerances • Compen sates for input line voltage variations • Compensates for cable voltage dro p (LNK61X series) • Compensates for external component temperature variatio ns • Very tight IC parameter toleran ces using proprietary trimming technolo gy • Frequency jittering greatly red uces EMI filter cost • Even tighter output tolerances achievable with exter nal resistor selection/trimming • Pr ogrammable switching frequency up to 85 kHz to reduce trans- former size Advan ced Protection/Safety Features • Aut o-restart protection reduces power deli vered by >95% for output short-circuit and control loop faults (open and shorted comp.|
|Keywords||LNK603, datasheet, pdf, Power Integrations, Accurate, CV/CC, Switcher, NK603, K603, 603, LNK60, LNK6, LNK, Equivalent, stock, pinout, distributor, price, schematic, inventory, databook, Electronic, Components, Parameters, parts, cross reference, chip, Semiconductor, circuit, Electric, manual, substitute|