• Micro Power, 90 A Typical
• 3.3V or 5V Operation
• 8-Pin SOIC Package
• 1 cm to 1 Meter IrDA Link
• Directly Interfaces to IrDA
Compatible UARTS and Super I/O
• Supports Data Rates from 2400 to
• CMOS/TTL Compatible Output
• ASK Modulation Compatible
• Drop in compatible with Irvine
The UCC5340 is a dual voltage, micropower, IrDA (Infrared Data Associa-
tion) compliant receiver. It’s high gain photodiode input amplifier incorpo-
rates a unique limiting circuit which permits operation over a very wide
dynamic input range. The integrated bandpass filter includes additional
limiting circuitry, further reducing device recovery time requirements, al-
lowing the UCC5340 to directly interface with IrDA compatible detector di-
The output is capable of driving a 40pF load at CMOS/TTL levels for direct
interfacing to IrDA compliant UARTs or Super I/O devices over a 2400BPS
to 115.2kBPS range.
A control pin is provided to allow operation with either 3.3V or 5V supplies.
The circuit requires only 90 A (nominal) operating current in either config-
uration. An internal 2k resistor is provided for decoupling the detector
supply, to minimize the number of external components required.
* Pins 3 and 6 MUST be connected to ground.