A Product Line of
1.0MHz STEP-UP DC-DC CONVERTER
The PAM2401 is a high efficiency, current mode, fixed frequency,
step-up DC/DC converter with true output disconnect and inrush
current limiting. The device includes one 0.10Ω N-channel MOSFET
switch and one 0.15Ω P-channel synchronous rectifier. This product
has the ability to simply program the output voltage from 2.5V to
5.0V.The switching frequency is 1.0MHz, programmable current limit
set by an external resistor from 1.0A to 3.0A with internal soft-start.
When loading became light, the converter will automatically enter into
PSM to improve the efficiency.
Quiescent current is only 150µA during Pulse Skip Mode operation,
maximizing battery life in portable applications. Other features include
: <1µA shutdown, anti-ringing control, Hiccup mode at short
protection, over voltage protection and over temperature protection.
The PAM2401 is available in MSOP-8 and U-DFN3030-12 packages
• Up to 95% Efficiency
• True Output Disconnect
• Inrush Current Limiting When Power On
• Output Current up to 1000mA at VIN = 3V and VOUT = 5.0V
• Fixed Frequency Operation Up to 1MHz
• 0.9V to 4.75V Input Range
• 2.5V to 5.0V Adjustable Output Voltage
• Guaranteed 1.0V Start-Up
• Programmable Current Limit
• Internal Soft-Start
• Internal Compensation
• Pulse Sipping Mode at Light Load Operation
• Hiccup Mode Short Protection
• Over Voltage Protection
• Over Temperature Protection
• <1µA Shutdown Current
• Power Good Indicator
• MSOP-8 and U-DFN3030-12 packages
• Totally Lead-Free & Fully RoHS Compliant (Notes 1 & 2)
• Halogen and Antimony Free. “Green” Device (Note 3)
• Handheld Computers
• Cordless Phones
• GPS Receivers
• Battery Backup Supplies
1. No purposely added lead. Fully EU Directive 2002/95/EC (RoHS) & 2011/65/EU (RoHS 2) compliant.
2. See http://www.diodes.com/quality/lead_free.html for more information about Diodes Incorporated’s definitions of Halogen- and Antimony-free, "Green"
3. Halogen- and Antimony-free "Green” products are defined as those which contain <900ppm bromine, <900ppm chlorine (<1500ppm total Br + Cl) and
<1000ppm antimony compounds.
Document number: DS37285 Rev. 1 - 2
1 of 10
© Diodes Incorporated