• The information in this document is current as of August, 2001. The information is subject to
change without notice. For actual design-in, refer to the latest publications of NEC's data sheets or
data books, etc., for the most up-to-date specifications of NEC semiconductor products. Not all
products and/or types are available in every country. Please check with an NEC sales representative
for availability and additional information.
• No part of this document may be copied or reproduced in any form or by any means without prior
written consent of NEC. NEC assumes no responsibility for any errors that may appear in this document.
• NEC does not assume any liability for infringement of patents, copyrights or other intellectual property rights of
third parties by or arising from the use of NEC semiconductor products listed in this document or any other
liability arising from the use of such products. No license, express, implied or otherwise, is granted under any
patents, copyrights or other intellectual property rights of NEC or others.
• Descriptions of circuits, software and other related information in this document are provided for illustrative
purposes in semiconductor product operation and application examples. The incorporation of these
circuits, software and information in the design of customer's equipment shall be done under the full
responsibility of customer. NEC assumes no responsibility for any losses incurred by customers or third
parties arising from the use of these circuits, software and information.
• While NEC endeavours to enhance the quality, reliability and safety of NEC semiconductor products, customers
agree and acknowledge that the possibility of defects thereof cannot be eliminated entirely. To minimize
risks of damage to property or injury (including death) to persons arising from defects in NEC
semiconductor products, customers must incorporate sufficient safety measures in their design, such as
redundancy, fire-containment, and anti-failure features.
• NEC semiconductor products are classified into the following three quality grades:
"Standard", "Special" and "Specific". The "Specific" quality grade applies only to semiconductor products
developed based on a customer-designated "quality assurance program" for a specific application. The
recommended applications of a semiconductor product depend on its quality grade, as indicated below.
Customers must check the quality grade of each semiconductor product before using it in a particular
"Standard": Computers, office equipment, communications equipment, test and measurement equipment, audio
and visual equipment, home electronic appliances, machine tools, personal electronic equipment
and industrial robots
"Special": Transportation equipment (automobiles, trains, ships, etc.), traffic control systems, anti-disaster
systems, anti-crime systems, safety equipment and medical equipment (not specifically designed
for life support)
"Specific": Aircraft, aerospace equipment, submersible repeaters, nuclear reactor control systems, life
support systems and medical equipment for life support, etc.
The quality grade of NEC semiconductor products is "Standard" unless otherwise expressly specified in NEC's
data sheets or data books, etc. If customers wish to use NEC semiconductor products in applications not
intended by NEC, they must contact an NEC sales representative in advance to determine NEC's willingness
to support a given application.
(1) "NEC" as used in this statement means NEC Corporation and also includes its majority-owned subsidiaries.
(2) "NEC semiconductor products" means any semiconductor product developed or manufactured by or for
NEC (as defined above).
M8E 00. 4